Covid-19 Reservation Assurance
The wide-open space, fresh air, and outdoor pursuits in Lutsen make it an ideal retreat in this era of social distancing. Planning that adventure brings hope and anticipation of the joy that special places and activities bring to our lives. To encourage those plans during these uncertain times, we have added a Reservation Assurance policy for all reservations. Should there be a resort closure or government-mandated travel restriction during your planned itinerary, your reservation is fully refundable. For other potential travel disruptions, we are offering optional Travel Insurance to keep your vacation investment protected.
For the safety of our guests, our staff, and the local community, we have reengineered all aspects of the guest experience to promote social distancing, maximize sanitation, protect your reservation deposit, and provide the support and services you need to enjoy your getaway to the North Shore. Here are a few things you will notice:
Eagle Ridge Lodging
- Everything on top of the bed is laundered and disinfected after each guest, including mattress pad, fitted sheet, top sheet, comforter, top cover, pillows, and pillowcases.
- Extra blankets and towels left shrink-wrapped from laundry to ensure cleanliness
- Throw pillows, bed scarves, and other non-essential, hard-to-clean amenities have been removed from the rooms.
- All hard surfaces cleaned with soap and water, wiped dry, and sprayed with disinfectant. Special attention is given to high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, chairs, light switches, thermostats, faucets, flush handles, countertops, window latches, drawer pulls, headboards, blind pulls, appliances, and cabinet pulls, hairdryers, irons, and ironing boards with UV light sanitization in final inspection.
- Every single item in the kitchen that could be used for eating or cooking, whether it appears to have been used or not, will be washed in hot water before every visit including but not limited to: dishware, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, and pans, measuring cups, mixing bowls. To assist this effort, we ask each guest to load and start the dishwasher at the time of departure.
- TV remotes cleaned, sanitized, and placed in new cling wrap with each turnover.
- As they are very difficult to sanitize, phones have been removed from the rooms.
- Room guides, pens, and paper have been removed from rooms.
- Vending and ice machines are closed until further notice.
- Door towels and hand sanitizer will be provided at all public entrances.
- Digital registration allows all reservation details and payment to be completed online before arrival, minimizing time spent at registration.
- New Eagle Ridge Resort app allows keyless entry to your room with your smartphone, eliminating the need for in-person registration.
- Guests unable to use the Eagle Ridge app will need to pick up keys in the registration building. We ask only one person from each party to enter for registration and limit 4 persons in queue in the registration building. Guest service staff is required to wear a face mask. We ask the same courtesy from our guests.
- Direct guest to front desk texting allows communication for any room needs or concierge service.
- We have suspended daily housekeeping services. Trash pick-up outside door between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Extra towels and room supplies are available by contacting the front desk.
- Because of the difficulty of maintaining adequate social distancing, and pursuant to state guidelines, the pool, spa, and fitness center are closed until further notice.
- New cancellation policy allows for full refund due to business closure or travel restrictions due to COVID-19
- Optional travel insurance is available to further protect your reservation deposit
Papa Charlie’s Dining
- Papa Charlie’s will open for take-out orders only (beginning May 22 – full schedule TBA)
- Beer & wine available with take-out service.
- Phone orders and online orders only.
- Text notification when orders are available for pick-up.
- Line queue markers placed as social distance guides.
We are in this together. Please consider the following requests when visiting:
- Stay home if you are sick. If you are sick or have had contact with someone who is sick, do not go out in public. Contact your local clinic for advice on what to do next and notify any businesses or people you have encountered. Consult the CDC for the proper safety steps if you are sick.
- Be proactive about hygiene. While traveling and entering businesses, please be extra vigilant to wash your hands, wear cloth face masks where close proximity is unavoidable, and respect the rules and signage posted at the various businesses. Individual businesses have procedures in place to keep patrons and employees safe, please respect those rules and plans they have implemented. Follow the CDC and MDH recommendations for hand-washing and hygiene.
- Have patience. Businesses are restructuring how they provide services to visitors to keep you and their employees safe. Some communal amenities may not be open. As restrictions change, please be patient as they are implemented locally.
- Be careful and practice extreme safety. As a small rural community, we have limited health care resources. In addition, be considerate of the fact that our Emergency Management Services and Fire Departments are all volunteer-based. While our emergency services personnel are professionally trained and dedicated to keeping our community safe, taking an unnecessary risk puts these volunteers at increased risk.
- Practice physical distancing. Follow the recommended social distancing guidelines and maintain a 6’ distance between you and people outside of your group. Stay with your party and do not integrate or push yourself into people outside of your own family unit or traveling group.
- Come prepared. With limited resources available locally, guests are advised to travel with what you’ll need during your stay like groceries or cleaning/sanitation supplies. Lodging, retail, and dining facilities have increased sanitation procedures, however, it is advised to run your own sanitation protocol on high touch areas (like doorknobs, light switches, etc.). The three grocery stores in Grand Marais are all open, but utilizing curbside pickup only. Advance ordering is necessary. Clearview General Store in Lutsen, however, is open for in-store shopping.
- Extend Your Stay. The constant and thorough sanitation needed to safely operate during the pandemic requires a significant effort. Consider extending your stay. There is so much to explore on the North Shore; time spent in the woods is good for your soul.
Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to helping make your stay great!